Asian Turkey-Noodle Soup
This Asian noodle soup lets you take advantage of leftover Roast Turkey with Sage in an inventive and healthy way.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, November
- Bones of a leftover turkey
- 1 sliced medium onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh ginger
- 6 smashed garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 Napa cabbage, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 4 ounces Asian rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Coarse salt
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- Lime wedges, for garnish (optional)
Break up turkey bones; place in a large pot with onion, ginger, garlic, and red-pepper flakes. Add enough water to cover (10 to 12 cups); bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, partially covered, 30 minutes.
Discard large solids; strain broth through a fine-mesh sieve into a large saucepan (you should have 8 to 10 cups). Return to a boil. Add sliced cabbage to broth along with rice noodles, vinegar, and soy sauce.
Simmer until noodles are just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with coarse salt. Serve garnished with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges, if desired.