Grilled Strip Steak with Herb Butter
Garlic-parsley butter dresses up a simple strip steak for a quick and impressive dinner.
- Servings: 2
Source: Mad Hungry, April 2011
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 strip steaks, 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
Combine butter, parsley, and garlic in a small bowl and chill until just firm.
Preheat grill pan over high heat. Generously salt and pepper steaks on both sides. Place on grill; do not move and cook for 3 minutes. Turn and cook 3 minutes more for medium rare, about 135 degrees.
Remove the steaks from the grill. Divide the compound butter and place on top. Serve hot.