Karen Tack's Chocolate Frosting
This chocolate frosting recipe, adapted from Martha Stewart Living, is the perfect topping for Karen Tack's TV Dinner Cupcakes.
- Yield: Makes enough for 12 cupcakes
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, April Spring 2008
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Place sugar and cream in a heavy-bottomed saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, without stirring, about 5 minutes.
Remove saucepan from heat and stir in chocolate until melted. Stir in butter and vanilla until well combined. Chill, stirring occasionally, until cooled completely.