Source: The Martha Stewart Show, April 2011
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup grapeseed oil
Place cumin and coriander seeds in a small skillet and toast until fragrant over medium-high heat. Transfer to a spice grinder; grind to a fine powder.
Place egg yolks in the bowl of a small food processor along with lemon juice, mustard, salt, ground cumin and coriander, and cayenne pepper; pulse to combine. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in grapeseed oil until emulsified. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.