Golden Beet Slaw
As an alternative to salad, try this fresh and crunchy slaw.
- Servings: 6
Photography: Raymond Hom
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2011
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds golden beets, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Whisk together oil, vinegar, zest, orange juice, salt, and pepper. Toss
with beets, scallions, and cilantro.