Serve this hearty Southern dish as an entree, or alongside comfort fare like fried chicken or pork chops.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded, deveined, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 medium zucchini, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 ten-ounce packages frozen lima beans, rinsed under warm running water and drained
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (4 ears)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon picked fresh thyme leaves
In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion; cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add bell peppers, zucchini, lima beans, and corn. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in herbs, and serve.