Use to make the Cauliflower Gratin with Roasted Chestnuts and Parmesan Cream from Chris and Idie Hastings's "Hot and Hot Fish Club Cookbook."
- Yield: Makes about 6 1/2 cups
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, November 2010
- 1 (8-ounce) fresh French baguette, torn into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
Place bread in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until breadcrumbs are formed. Transfer crumbs to a large bowl along with thyme, parsley, chives, lemon zest, garlic, salt, and pepper; mix until well combined. Drizzle butter over crumbs and toss evenly to coat. Use immediately or store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to one week.