Tools and Materials
- Mat board
- Plain copy paper
- Double-sided tape
- Mat or craft knife
- Bone folder
- Craft paper
Letter Photo Mat How-To
1. Using the insert from the back of your frame as a guide, trace and cut out mat board to the appropriate size.
2. Choose letter(s) and font to act as your template, enlarge to desired size, and print out on plain copy paper.
3. Apply double-sided tape to the back of your template, making sure tape is behind the black printed area of the letter(s), and affix template to front of mat board.
4. Using a mat or craft knife, cut around letter(s) on template, being sure to cut all the way through the mat board. (Tip: Once you've cut out your letter(s), use a bone folder to smooth out the cut edges.)
5. On a piece of craft paper a few inches larger than the mat, lay out photos as desired. Start at one end of each letter and move to the other end, overlapping and/or trimming the photos as you go. (Tip: Mark corners of mat on craft paper with masking tape so you can continually check the correct positioning of your photos.)
6. Once final photo position is determined, use double-sided tape to secure photos to craft paper and trim paper to size of mat.
7. Insert mat and photos into frame and secure into place.
All tools and materials available at your local craft supplies store.