Chocolate, Walnut, and Cranberry Coins
Mix in, refrigerate, slice, bake: Try all of our shaped icebox-cookie variations.
- Yield: Makes about 10 dozen
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2010
- Basic Vanilla Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups ground toasted walnuts (for rolling)
Once the flour is incorporated according to dough recipe, beat in chocolate, walnuts, and cranberries. Divide dough into 2 pieces. Shape each into a 10-inch log. Coat each in ground nuts, if using. Wrap in parchment. Refrigerate until very firm, about 2 hours.
Slice dough crosswise slightly thicker than 1/8 inch. Reshape if needed. Bake at 350 degrees on parchment-lined baking sheets until firm, 12 to 14 minutes.