Cabbage and Green Apple Slaw
As an alternative to salad, try this fresh and crunchy slaw.
- Servings: 6
Photography: Raymond Hom
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2011
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 seeded and finely chopped fresh red chile
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted cumin seeds
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cut into matchsticks
Whisk together yogurt, chile, vinegar, ginger, mustard seeds, salt, and cumin seeds. Stir in cabbage and apples. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.