Try this delicious recipe courtesy of chef Michelle Bernstein.
- 1 1/2 cups whole Spanish Marcona almonds, salted (or blanched whole salted almonds), plus 1/4 cup chopped, for garnish
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 shallot, peeled
- 2 cups seedless English or Kirby cucumber, peeled and chopped, plus 1/2 cup small cucumber balls, formed with a small melon baller, for garnish
- 2 cups seedless green grapes, plus 1/4 cup, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, plus 2 tablespoons, for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups homemade vegetable or chicken stock, or store-bought low-sodium vegetable stock or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry Spanish sherry, such as Manzanilla or Amontillado
Working in batches, place 1 1/2 cups almonds, garlic, shallot, 2 cups cucumber, 2 cups grapes, 1 tablespoon dill, stock, oil, vinegar, and sherry in the jar of a blender, puree until smooth, about 1 minute. Chill for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
Place equal amounts chopped almonds, cucumber balls, sliced grapes, and remaining 2 tablespoons dill in 6 to 8 chilled, individual bowls. Pour soup over the garnishes, and serve.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, September Late Summer 2006