Roasted Turnips and Pears with Rosemary-Honey Drizzle
- 6 medium purple-topped turnips (14 to 15 ounces), unpeeled and cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 firm ripe Bosc pears (about 7 ounces each), unpeeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
In a large bowl, toss together turnips and pears with oil and salt until well combined. Place in an even layer on prepared baking sheet. Transfer to oven and roast, turning with a spatula once or twice during cooking, until browned and turnips are easily pierced with a paring knife, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through baking.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add honey and rosemary; let simmer for a few seconds and remove from heat.
Transfer turnips and pears to a large bowl and drizzle with butter mixture; toss to combine. Serve.