Mini Cornbread Muffins
These cornbread muffins are courtesy of Gramercy Tavern chef Nancy Olson and are used to make her Blueberry Corn Ice Cream Sundae. Photo credit: Bill Bettencourt
- Yield: Makes 20 muffins
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, October 2009
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups fresh or thawed, frozen sweet corn kernels (from about 1 1/2 ears)
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 20 (1/4-cup) muffin cups; set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together sugar and butter; stir in honey and maple syrup until well combined. Add egg and continue mixing until well combined. Alternately add flour mixture and milk mixture to sugar mixture, mixing well after each addition and beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Stir in corn kernels until just combined.
Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full with corn mixture; sprinkle tops with turbinado sugar. Transfer to oven and bake until tops are golden brown, about 14 minutes. Let cool slightly in pans before serving.