Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Orange-Butter Sauce
Tangy orange-butter sauce gives Brussels sprouts a wake-up call in this recipe from "Fast, Fresh & Green," by Susie Middleton.Also try: Vanilla and Cardamom-Glazed Acorn Squash Rings, Roasted Turnips and Pears with Rosemary-Honey Drizzle
- 2 pounds small Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 16 pieces
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil and salt; arrange in an even layer on prepared baking sheet, cut side down.
Transfer to oven and roast until brown and tender, 15 to 18 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through baking; transfer to a large bowl.
In a small saucepan, mix together vinegar, maple syrup, orange juice, and orange zest; heat over medium heat until heated through but not simmering. Remove from heat and whisk in cold butter, a few pieces at a time, until smooth and creamy. Pour vinegar mixture over Brussels sprouts and gently stir until liquid is absorbed and mixture is well combined; serve immediately.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, November 2010