- Servings: 12
Source: Martha Stewart Living, February 2003
- 3 jicama (about 2 pounds), peeled
- 3 beets, trimmed and peeled
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch lengths
- 5 navel oranges
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (4 limes)
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Using a mandoline or a very sharp knife, cut jicama, beets, and carrots into a fine julienne. Toss in a large bowl.
Cut off ends of oranges; using a paring knife, remove peel, pith, and outer membranes, following the curve of the fruit. Working over a bowl to catch the juices, cut between sections to remove whole segments; add segments to vegetables. Squeeze juice from membranes into a bowl; measure out 1/2 cup juice; reserve remaining juice for another use.
In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, lime juice, and oil. Pour over vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with nuts; season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.