This versatile condiment can be made up to a day in advance and refrigerated until serving.
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2001
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Champagne or sherry vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup loosely packed tarragon, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Combine lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, paprika, egg, and egg yolk in the bowl of a food processor. Process just until ingredients are blended.
With processor running, slowly drizzle vegetable oil into mixture (it should begin to come together like mayonnaise). Add tarragon; season with salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle olive oil into processor. Chill for 30 minutes, and serve.