Source: Mad Hungry, September 2010
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 medium tomatoes, cut lengthwise into eighths
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the onions and saute until translucent and soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and stir for another minute.
Add the tomatoes and cook until soft and the juice is slightly evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the salt and pepper. You can serve the mixture hot or cold. It will keep in the refrigerator for about 1 week.