Jimmy's Chimichurri Sauce
This spicy sauce tops the adobo chicken that is a favorite at Jimmy's Bronx Cafe in New York City. The recipe was shared with us by the restaurant's owner, Jimmy Rodriguez.
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 large bunch fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 pepperoncini peppers, finely chopped, plus 1/2 cup brine
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
In a medium bowl, combine parsley, cilantro, shallot, garlic, pepperoncini peppers and brine, red pepper, onion, and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in red wine vinegar. Cover, and set aside at room temperature for 2 hours.