- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Living, February 1999
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound firm sea bass, or halibut, skins removed and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 scallions, white and light-green parts only, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch dice (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a nonreactive bowl, combine juice, jalapeno, ginger, and oil. Add fish, and toss. Cover with plastic. Chill until flesh is opaque, 1 hour or overnight, stirring occasionally.
Add remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Toss, and serve.