Tomato-Salsa Pasta Salad
Delicious, fresh tomatoes transforms this salad into a sensual feast. Although the red, yellow, and green tomatoes make for a beautiful presentation, this dish is equally delicious using just one color.
- Servings: 10
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2009
- 10 ounces (1 pint container) red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 ounces (1 pint container) yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 ounces (1 pint container) green cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 2 limes, juiced, plus more to taste
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound orecchiette (or other short pasta)
Combine tomatoes, jalapeno, lime juice, onion, and oil in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Let stand at room temperature until tomatoes release their juices, about 1 hour. Toss with half the cilantro.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
Toss pasta with tomato mixture. Stir in remaining cilantro, and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, and lime juice. Serve immediately.