Cream Cheese Frosting for Flag Cake
This not-too-sweet frosting is used to make our Flag Cake. It's also a star atop cupcakes and carrot cake.
- Yield: Makes 7 cups, enough for Flag Cake
Photography: Minh + Wass
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, May Spring 2007
- 1 pound unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Place butter and cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium-high until fluffy. Reduce speed; add confectioners' sugar and vanilla, beat until well combined.