Frisee, Orange, and Toasted Hazelnut Salad
The hazelnuts add crunch to this citrusy salad.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 1997
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 seedless oranges, pith and peel removed
- 1 medium head frisee
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
In a medium bowl, whisk together orange juice, vinegar, zest, cardamom, ginger, mustard seeds, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil until combined, and set aside.
Slice oranges thinly, crosswise, and arrange slices on 4 salad plates; set aside. Place frisee in a large bowl, and toss with the dressing. Divide frisee among 4 salad plates, and sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts. Serve immediately.