Salsa Egg Tacos
These are great for breakfast or at any time of day.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack, or Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 4 taco shells
- Shredded lettuce, sour cream, and tomatoes, for topping
- Tortilla chips and canned black beans, for serving (optional)
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs until combined. Add salt and pepper and 1/4 cup grated cheese. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and add butter. When butter has melted, add the egg mixture, and cook about 30 seconds. Add salsa to pan, slowly stirring the egg mixture to scramble it as it cooks, about 1 minute. Immediately remove from heat.
Fill taco shells with egg mixture, and top with the remaining cheese, lettuce, sour cream, and tomatoes. Serve with tortilla chips or black beans, if desired.
SourceMartha Stewart Kids, Summer