Chicory, Jicama, and Pecan Salad
The mustard dressing served over this salad is made with pure maple syrup for a spicy-sweet flavor.
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small (12 ounces) jicama root, peeled
- 1 small head (8 ounces) chicory, leaves separated, washed, and dried
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread pecan halves on a baking pan. Toast until fragrant, about 10 minutes. Transfer nuts to a bowl to cool.
Place mustard, maple syrup, lemon juice, and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Process until combined, about 1 minute. Set vinaigrette aside.
Using a mandoline, slice jicama root. Cut into 1-by-2 1/2-inch strips. Place pecans, jicama, and chicory in a large bowl. Pour vinaigrette over salad, and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
SourceMartha Stewart Living