Tomatoes with Anchovy Dressing
Anchovies are quite salty, so season the tomato wedges only slightly with salt.
- 4 medium tomatoes (red, yellow, or a mixture), cut into eighths
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 5 anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped
For the Seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
Heat the olive oil and garlic in a small skillet over low heat. Stir in the anchovies, and cook about 1 minute.
Place the tomato wedges in a serving dish, and sprinkle lightly with the salt and pepper.
Pour the warm dressing over the tomatoes, add the parsley, and toss well to coat. Serve immediately.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, June 1997