Bloody Mary with Pickled Okra
The best Bloody has a little kick to it (with Tabasco on hand should a guest want an even bigger wallop). Fill glasses with the classic garnishes and a surprising twist on tradition, such as pickled okra (we like Rick's Picks Smokra, $13, rickspicksnyc.com).
- Servings: 8
Source: Blueprint, May/June 2007
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces vodka, for spiking
- Celery stalks, lemon wedges, and pickled okra for garnishing the glasses
Stir ingredients well to combine. Pour into glasses half-full of ice. If you're spiking them, add 1 ounce of vodka per glass. Garnish and serve immediately.