- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2005
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt, or to taste
- 1 baguette, preferably sourdough
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small saucepan, melt butter over a low heat until foamy. Add garlic, and simmer, 1 minute. Remove from heat, and let steep for 1 minute. Add parsley and salt; stir to combine.
Slice bread lengthwise almost all the way though, leaving one side uncut. Open baguette like a book, and evenly brush or spoon the butter mixture over the bread.
Close baguette, and slice bread diagonally into 2-inch pieces, leaving the bread still intact at the back of the loaf.
Transfer bread to a baking sheet. Bake until heated through and crisp on the outside, about 10 minutes. Serve hot.