Dip pastry chef Mindy Segal's Banana Brioche Monkey Bread in this sweet butterscotch.
- Yield: Makes about 4 cups
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, February
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups Three Floyds Brewery Moloko Milk Stout, or other milk stout
In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt both sugars and butter over medium heat; do not boil. Meanwhile, in another small saucepan, heat heavy cream until hot.
When sugars and butter have melted, add cream, 1/3 cup at a time, cooking for 30 seconds after each addition. Add salt and vanilla; stir to combine. Add stout and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and let cool.