Pineapple Cilantro Rice
- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2000
- 2 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for garnish
Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Stir in the rice, reduce to a simmer. Cook until rice is tender but still firm, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain; rinse with cool water.
Transfer to a bowl, and stir in the pineapple, cilantro, bell pepper, and olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper. Cover, and chill. Serve cooled with lime wedges.