Endive and Grainy Mustard Salad
A mustard vinaigrette dots this endive salad, garnished with hard-boiled eggs and parsley.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1992
- 6 heads Belgian endive
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Remove the large outer leaves from endives and set aside. Slice remaining endive crosswise and set aside. Chop eggs and mix with parsley. Set aside.
Combine mustard and vinegar. Slowly whisk in olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Mix dressing with sliced endive.
Arrange whole endive leaves on four plates and place a mound of dressed endive in center of each. Garnish with egg-parsley mixture and serve.