This ponzu sauce recipe comes courtesy of chef Edward Brown of Sea Grill in New York City. Serve this alongside a serving of portobello fries.
- Yield: Makes about 2/3 cup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketjap manis
- 1 teaspoon Thai fish sauce
- 6 tablespoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons rice-wine vinegar
- 1 slice ginger (2 1/8-inch thick), smashed
In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, ketjap manis, fish sauce, mirin, and rice-wine vinegar. Add ginger. Cover, and let stand overnight. Strain through a fine sieve.