Tequila-Orange Grilled Shrimp
- Servings: 6
Source: The Martha Stewart Show
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails left on
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeno, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lime, plus lime wedges for serving
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Simple Supper: Lime-Cilantro Rice, for serving (optional)
In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, oil, half the jalapeno, half the garlic, and zest; season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.
In a shallow saucepan, combine remaining jalapeno and garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, orange juice, tequila, and shallots; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until mixture is thick and syrupy, 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in butter; keep warm.
Heat a gas grill on high or stove-top grill pan over high heat. Grill shrimp, turning once, until just opaque, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter; pour tequila sauce over shrimp. Garnish with chives; serve immediately with lime wedges, and Lime-Cilantro Rice, if desired.