An aromatic spice rub is great to have on hand, and this recipe yields enough to share with friends -- in pretty jars, of course.
- Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living Television
- 3 tablespoons whole coriander seeds
- 3 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons dill seeds
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 6 tablespoons whole fennel seeds
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
Combine all seeds in a skillet over medium heat, and toast, shaking pan, until aromatic, about 4 minutes.
Using a spice grinder, coarsely grind seeds in three batches. Transfer to a small jar. Add sugar, salt, and pepper. Shake well to combine.