Daikon Radish Boxes with Crab Salad
- 3 to 4 large daikon radishes (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat (1 cup)
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and seeded, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon chervil leaves, plus more for garnish
Cut the daikon radishes into 1 1/4-inch cubes (make sure the bottom is cut evenly so the cube will sit flat). Use a 1-inch melon baller to scoop out a bowl in the center of each cube.
Bring a pot of water to a boil, and blanch the daikon boxes for 3 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
Pick over the crabmeat, and discard any shells or cartilage. Place the crabmeat in a medium bowl, and add the diced cucumber, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and 1 teaspoon chervil leaves. Stir the mixture until combined.
Place 1 heaping teaspoon crab salad into each daikon box, and garnish with remaining chervil leaves. Serve.