Easy Chilled Avocado Soup
With their rich taste and buttery texture, avocados are delicious blended into a chilled soup.
- Servings: 2
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2009
- 1 English cucumber (peeled and seeded, cut into chunks)
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Diced cucumber, for garnish
Blend cucumber, avocado, buttermilk, garlic, and lemon juice in a blender. Season with salt and pepper. Thin with water if desired. Transfer to a bowl, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve cold, garnished with diced cucumber.