Mini Cornbread Muffins
A mini-muffin tin lets you turn out multiple crowd-pleasers with ease.
- Yield: Makes 4 dozen
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2006
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for tins
- 3/4 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush cups of four 12-cup or two 24-cup mini muffin tins with melted butter; set aside. Whisk buttermilk, eggs, and sour cream in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Whisk cornmeal, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and corn kernels in a large bowl. Using a rubber spatula, fold in buttermilk mixture and melted butter. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling cups two-thirds full (1 heaping teaspoon batter per cup). Bake until a cake tester inserted into centers comes out clean, about 17 minutes. Let muffins cool in tins about 5 minutes before serving.