Under 30 Minutes
Sauteed Asparagus with Dijon Vinaigrette
Sauteeing asparagus keeps the spears bright green and crisp.
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry or red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 1/2-inch lengths
Whisk together mustard, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring frequently, until asparagus are just tender, 10 to 12 minutes. (If the spears begin to brown, reduce heat to low.)
Transfer asparagus to a serving dish. Drizzle with the vinaigrette, toss, and serve immediately.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, June 2008