Berries with Kirsch with Mint
Kirsch, a cherry brandy, heightens the flavor of fresh fruit.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June/July 1994
- 1/2 pint (about 1 cup) raspberries
- 1/2 pint (about 1 cup) blackberries
- 1/2 pint (about 1 cup) blueberries
- 8 large strawberries, stems removed, sliced lengthwise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons kirsch
- 3 fresh mint
Combine fruit in a small mixing bowl, and toss with sugar and kirsch. Refrigerate until needed, at least 1 hour, tossing occasionally. Transfer to a serving bowl, and garnish with torn mint leaves.