Balsamic Red Onions
Balsamic vinegar adds a sweet and savory glaze to these broiled onion slices.
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, April 2011
- 6 medium red onions, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Heat broiler, with rack in top position. On a rimmed baking sheet, place red onions in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil, turning to coat with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Broil onions until lightly charred, 4 minutes. Flip and brush with balsamic vinegar. Broil until lightly charred, 4 minutes. To serve, transfer to a platter and sprinkle with parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.