Shredded Chicken with Kale and Lentils
To make this already quick to put together meal even easier, use leftover or rotisserie chicken.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2011
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 bunches kale, tough stems removed, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups lentils (from a 15.5-ounce can), drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cooked skinless chicken breasts
- Lemon wedges, for serving
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Add onion and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add kale and cook, stirring occasionally, until kale is wilted and tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon oil and lentils to skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until warmed through, about 20 seconds. Transfer to bowl with kale, toss to combine, and divide among 4 bowls. Top with chicken and squeeze lemon over top.