Shredded Chicken with Kale and Lentils
Feel free to use leftover roast chicken breast for this main-course salad. Simply remove the skin and shred into pieces.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 bunches kale, tough stems removed, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups lentils (from a 15.5-ounce can), drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cooked skinless chicken breasts
- Lemon wedges, for serving
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Add onion and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add kale and cook, stirring occasionally, until kale is wilted and tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon oil and lentils to skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until warmed through, about 20 seconds. Transfer to bowl with kale, toss to combine, and divide among four bowls. Top with chicken and squeeze lemon over top.