Minted Pea and Prosciutto Crostini
Spoon these flavorful toppings over Simple Crostini or toast from a country-style loaf. Each recipe makes enough for 16 small or 8 large crostini.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
Cook peas in boiling salted water until tender, then drain. In a medium bowl, lightly mash peas with the back of a fork. Add olive oil, mint, and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. To serve, divide prosciutto among crostini and top with pea mixture.
SourceEveryday Food, April 2011