Minted Pea and Prosciutto Crostini
Spoon this flavorful topping over Simple Crostini or toast from a country-style loaf. Each recipe makes enough for 16 small or 8 large crostini.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2011
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
Cook peas in boiling salted water until tender, then drain. In a medium bowl, lightly mash peas with the back of a fork. Add olive oil, mint, and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. To serve, divide prosciutto among crostini and top with pea mixture.