Crostini with Olive Relish
Spoon this flavorful topping over Simple Crostini or toast from a country-style loaf. Each recipe makes enough for 16 small or 8 large crostini.
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 celery stalk, diced small
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
With a sharp knife, slice away peel and pith of lemon. Cut flesh into segments; roughly chop and transfer to a medium bowl. Add olives, red onion, celery, sugar, olive oil, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. To serve, divide relish among crostini.
SourceEveryday Food, April 2011