Creamy Artichoke Dip
Keep the pantry ingredients for this dip on hand and serve with toasts, crackers, or crudite.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
Source: Everyday Food, April 2011
- 4 slices day-old crusty white bread with crusts removed, torn into 2-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 box (9 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Chopped fresh chives, for serving
In a medium bowl, pour 1 cup water over bread. Immediately squeeze as much water as possible from bread and transfer to a food processor along with anchovies, artichokes, and sugar. Process until a paste forms. With machine running, slowly add oil, scraping down bowl as needed. With machine still running, add lemon juice, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper and transfer to a serving dish. To serve, top with chives and a drizzle of oil.