Slow-Cooker Brisket and Onions
Braising turns a tough, less expensive cut of beef into a flavorful, hearty meal that's ideal for Passover. The leftovers are great, too.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, April 2011
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1 first cut of beef brisket (4 pounds), trimmed of excess fat
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, for serving
In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine onion and garlic. Season brisket with salt and pepper and place, fat side up, in slow cooker. Add broth. Cover and cook on high until brisket is fork-tender, about 6 hours. Remove brisket and thinly slice against the grain. Serve with onion and some cooking liquid; sprinkle with parsley.