Spinach and Pear Salad with Lamb
The lemon juice and pears blend nicely with the thinly sliced lamb in this spinach salad.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2011
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 lamb shoulder chops (3/4 inch thick; about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 5 ounces baby spinach (or curly or flat leaf, trimmed), washed
- 2 small ripe pears (or 1 large), such as Anjou, thinly sliced lengthwise
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, shallot, and 3 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Season lamb chops with salt and pepper and cook until medium-rare, 10 minutes, flipping once. Transfer to a work surface and loosely tent with foil. Let rest 5 minutes, then cut away from bone and thinly slice.
In a large bowl, toss together spinach and pears. Divide among four plates, top with lamb, and drizzle with dressing.