Steamed cauliflower gets a hit of spice and a dash of freshness thanks to lemon and red-pepper flakes in this side dish that goes well with seared steak, burgers, or lamb chops.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2011
- 1 large cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Place a steamer basket in a saucepan with 2 inches simmering water. Add cauliflower; cover and steam until tender when pierced with a knife, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and toss with lemon zest, lemon juice, and red-pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.