Buttery Shrimp and Radish Pasta
Peppery radishes and their greens are a natural pairing with creamy butter -- and add a bit of crunch and texture to this shrimp pasta.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2011
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound linguine or other long pasta
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch radishes, thinly sliced, greens rinsed well and roughly chopped
- 1 pound frozen large shrimp (peeled and deveined), thawed
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain pasta and return to pot. Add 2 tablespoons butter and toss until butter is melted; keep warm.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high. Add garlic and radishes and cook, stirring occasionally, until radishes are crisp-tender, 3 minutes. Add radish greens and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper, then add to pasta and stir to combine. In skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque throughout, 4 minutes. Add shrimp to pasta and toss, adding enough pasta water to create a light sauce that coats pasta.