Rye Toasts with Smoked Salmon, Cucumber, and Red Onion
Per serving: 278 calories, 8 g fat, 18 mg cholesterol, 39 g carbs, 876 mg sodium, 13 g protein, 5 g fiber
- 8 thin slices rye bread
- 5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 English (hothouse) cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced diagonally
- 4 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 1/2 medium red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon drained capers, rinsed and patted dry
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Toast bread slices in oven on a baking sheet, turning once, until golden, about 10 minutes.
Spread 2 teaspoons cream cheese on each toast. Divide cucumber, salmon, onions, and capers among toasts; season with pepper. Squeeze lemon juice on top.