Emeril's Make-Your-Own Pizzas
Something special happens when you cook with your kids, and when you use this recipe for DIY pizzas, your little ones can experience just how much fun making meals together can be.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2011
- All-purpose flour, for dusting and rolling
- 1 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen and divided into 4 pieces
- 1 cup prepared tomato sauce (from an 8-ounce jar)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella (4 ounces)
- 1 small bell pepper (any color), diced
- 2 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 pound Italian chicken or pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan (about 1 ounce), plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves and torn fresh basil leaves, for serving
Preheat oven to 500 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Lightly dust work surface, rolling pin, and two large baking sheets with flour. Roll each dough piece into an 8-inch round and transfer to sheets.
Divide tomato sauce and mozzarella among dough rounds. Top with bell pepper, mushrooms, sausage, pepperoni, and Parmesan, as desired.
Bake until cheese is bubbling and crusts are crisp and golden brown, about 18 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Let pizzas cool 5 minutes and then sprinkle with herbs and more Parmesan, if desired, before serving.